Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh Facebook

Facebook can be a very powerful tool. You can use it to keep in touch with old friends, new friends, family members, and co-workers. Everyone has that friend from high school or church that is a 'pity add' or a friend that you were best friends with for three weeks or roommates for four months, but never talk to again. We all have the best friends, that we talk to in person everyday, yet still chat with them on Facebook, write on their wall, and text all at the same time. Facebook is a place to post photos and videos that are memorable and add little applications like 'Flair' or 'Bumper Stickers'.

However, is this all really necessary? Why must a person have 1500 friends? Is is really stalking when you 'Facebook stalk'? Why is it necessary to check it more than once a week? Or even more than once a day? I find that many of those applications are unnecessary and the insane amount of friends. Therefore, if you are on my friends list, count yourself lucky. I currently have 199 friends, these are all people I currently converse with or that I would consider inviting to my wedding. Lately, I have become hooked on Facebook, despite the horrible changes. Usually when I sign on, nothing has changed. So why this insane need to be on Facebook and share 'What's on your mind' every time it changes? I will never know the answer, as I do not understand my fascination at all.

One last note, your Facebook profile has a 'Profile Pic' where some decide to post the most flattering pics of themselves, or the most humiliating, or even one without them in it. My mom checked my profile recently and decided my pic was not cute enough and that it did not look enough like me. She proceeded to change it to a caricature of me in a bikini that was done at a work carnival. Thanks Mom, for saying that a drawing is better than the real thing :).
In the end I will continue to check Facebook. If only to see pictures of that boy I hate/love and to see who is now married. Or who just failed a test or got stung by a bee. Without Facebook, my life would be complete, just not as fulfilling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the post should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

uzhcmsyva www.louisvuittonreplicbagsonline.com vcaqtuvjk [url=http://www.louisvuittonreplicbagsonline.com]louis vuitton outlet[/url] ijhgrmaxs
batlsdqvw www.louisvuittononsaleshoes.com zbflvselu [url=http://www.louisvuittononsaleshoes.com]louis vuitton[/url] evvcwnihj
szpnjleft www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com owrusttmb [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton handbags[/url] pnpezxdvg
yvxphgxuh www.louisvuittonluggageonline.com igmdnfmsw [url=http://www.louisvuittonluggageonline.com]louis vuitton handbag[/url] ldukkcnxa
stqnnobbl www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com lnbxkwexo [url=http://www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com]louis vuitton totes[/url] ozruiftuf