Friday, February 27, 2009

He Really is Just Not That Into You

Yes, I did read the book, and I did see the movie. Loved them both, though the book was better than the movie. I am not a big fan of self-help books, to me it is just go out there and do it. Go with the flow and try not to think about things too much. However, sometimes you do have to see it to believe it. And I do believe that females do tend to latch onto guys that are just not that into them, either because they enjoy the attention, however negative, and they say they are just in it for the fun and there is no affected one bit. I speak as a firm believer that I am in it (mostly) just for the fun, but my heart defies me more often than not.

First, if he is not calling you, he really is just not that into you. But how about when he responds to Facebook messages where you call him a jerk, or when he wants to help you with 'operation get married', or even when he only talks to you once every few months, either when he is in town or telling you he will go to Provo for the summer if you stay? Yes, he may be a good friend, but understand that you are not his first priority. Either because he has no priorities or you are just there to be made fun of.

Second, if he just wants to be friends (or is not dating you) he is not that into you. This includes phrases like, 'I can only have friends for right now', 'I am always here for you' (but only when he is horny), and 'you are a really great girl and I am being extra nice, but I'm just not that into you'. Ok that last one was paraphrased, but you get the right idea. He wants to date the better girl, the perfect girl, not the one that uses the phrase, 'You are going to hate me' on a regular basis. Even if he thinks about you at night (instead of his girlfriend), that is where you will stay, in his dreams.

Lastly, if he just wants action, then he is into you...r body, but truly not really that into you (or just as into you as he is into a piece of meat). Yes, you are one hot girl (effing hot) but then you become less hot and he quickly loses interest because he either has gotten what he wants, or has found someone else to satisfy his needs. This is the most dangerous because even though you are in it just for fun, your head and heart somehow get pulled along with the ride. Don't be fooled if he calls you 'babe' after the first date or if you are 'just too cute'. And if you (NOT a personal experience) has to beg for action or is described as 'obsessed', just so not worth it.

Side note: If he really loves your baking or cooking, that is usually just what he loves. The countless cheesecakes and other goodies can be amazing, but his stomach appreciates you more than his mind does.

I wish that I could be the exception and I am in no ways bitter towards the opposite sex, more towards mine actually. I have been described as irrational simply because I am female and use that lame excuse from time to time. This book has helped me notice, but take no action. I feel that I will always like that guy that does not call or looks at me like something to eat, but in the end that is not what I want. I do not want a vegetarian, mind you, just a guy who does not always have food on his mind. So I will continue baking and doing my best to hide my true feelings, but my heart is always there, just deep under the surface and always suffers scratches, but nothing that can't be mended with a few scoops of peanut butter and chocolate chips. :)

No comments: