Friday, February 20, 2009

My Take on Twilight

CAUTION: Contains Twilight series spoilers.

I recently finished reading Twilight for the second time. I needed a re-read after completing the series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn). The reading was required because midway through Eclipse I had become almost completely disenchanted with the series. I classify myself as an Edward girl, but he became too sissy-ish and 'whipped' as the series went on. Bella came off as a spoiled brat that somehow always needed to make the situation worse. Listen to the hot (haha) vampire, he has been around a lot longer than you have and a lot more vampires. And Jacob, way to fall in love with a half human-half vampire BABY. That is just weird.

Ok, after that little rant, I reread Twilight and love Edward yet again. Bella can always move aside for me, I will take that cold, stoned, perfect body any day, plus I can walk without falling. And I am over the age of 17 and I have the hardest time believing that anyone at 17 can fall in love and get married. At least wait a few years so that you know what you are getting yourself into. I know, for example, that I have a lot more growing up to do before I go off and marry my perfect prince in a perfectly pink wedding. I know that Bella has always been 'middle-aged' but please she is no Demi Moore and does have the money to snag a wonderfully handsome guy.

I may sound bitter because I was recently told that I will find the guy of my dreams after I swear them off and become bitter. I hope my plan is working and that by swearing off the opposite sex I will find a human very comparable to Edward. Don't think this may actually work because by swearing off guys I hope to find the right one, so technically, I'm not really swearing off guys. Don't tell anyone, lol.

Got a little off topic. I do not have anything against Twilight or vampires (I have Transylvanian blood myself), just read with caution and remember, vampires are VERY dangerous creatures, they lust for your blood and your best friend may just become your son-in-law.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hahaha! I love it that you're back to the blogging world!

Char said...

I was soooooo weirded out about the whole Jacob/baby thing. That's just creepy . . . he was perfect before that, lol.