Monday, February 23, 2009

Physics and Politics (and Boys)

I was told by my wonderful grandmother that there are no physics or politics in my blog. Honestly, I don't know how to respond, except with another boy story. PS: These stories all happen amid the physics homework and politics.

I attended a Barn Dance on Saturday night, not my cup of tea but I got to wear a pink cowboy hat! Four wards were invited and yes, there were good looking boys there. I never knew cowboys could be so good looking, but yes, I do like the ruggedness. Anyway, it was there that I developed my new crush. I don't know if he is good enough for Mr. Big (though MUCH better morally), but he is a good boy and and engineer (can I ever escape the nerds??). He seems to be on the shy side, so I am almost clueless about how to snag this good guy. A few of my friends have given me advice - ranging from acting too cool and rich for him, to inviting him to nice social activities to just asking him out. Oh and never forget the most common: bring him cookies. I plan to make a few 'drop-bys' this week and see how he responds and take it slow. I talked to a friend last night who (whom?) I have not talked to for a while an he is assisting in 'Operation Get Married' (not very covert, is it?). Seeing as my life is not really a closed book, I am sure everyone will hear all about the intel reports.

Here is some school and politics to appease my grandma. My younger sister got accepted to BYU (yay!) and I am so excited for her to be here with me next year. If not for the free food with Dining Plus, but just for an awesome family member. And to Taylor I say this: not everyone at BYU is a Molly Mormon or Peter Priesthood and there are smart people here, but smart people to make dumb decisions. So come, fit right in and bleed blue forever. :)

No comments: